Thursday, April 10, 2008

The Road to Emmaus

How often do we fail to recognize the Lord when he speaks to our hearts and opens his mind to us?

Do you listen attentively to the Word of God and allow his word to change and transform you?

I was on the same state when I am to concern with my own problems and my own limitations, that even what the Lord already promises me, long before and even I heard Him say the words vividly- that I will see you through- I was still too confined with those negative feelings.

Whenever I'm on that situation, I ask for prayers with my peers and my women's group for I could not listen, I could not stand, I am so weak and I cant even recognize that the Lord is actually right beside me.

I see how powerful prayers can be, after few minutes I feel gradually being unburden and now my eyes were openned and I saw God and hear Him clearly.

Just to share David's prayer in the old testament, he said:

I saw the Lord ever before me,
with him at my right hand I shall not be disturbed.
Therefore my heart has been glad and my tongue has exulted;
my flesh, too, will dwell in hope,
because you will not abandon my soul to the netherworld,
nor will you suffer your holy one to see corruption.
You have made known to me the paths of life;
you will fill me with joy in your presence.


Like the long walk to Emmaus, the two people in the story seemed to confined with all the events that took place related to Jesus- that when they were approached by Him, they did not recognize Him, only until they reach a place and they have this breaking of the bread...Where they not with them-when He was still in flesh speaking about God's promises and the likes, because along the way Jesus interpreted the Scriptures and why all such sorts should take place and should happen for Jesus-speaking like a prophet were they not felt the burning of their hearts, that listening to Him alone, make their hearts melt?

Maybe, there were a lot of things bothering them or probably they were just half listening...well, I'm like that most of the times. I always have the access to God 24/7 thru prayers and thru meditations but whenever something happen- I could not even shield or sustain myself with it....

Lord God, You have the words of eternal life, You are always there for me, open my eyes clearly to see and open my heart so that your words can penetrate and instill in it. Amen.

No comments: