Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Hunger for God

What do you most hunger for - wealth, peace, health, love or good life? Then the Lord Jesus says in the Gospel (John 6:27) "Do not labor for the food which perishes, but for the food which endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man, will give to you."

April 7, 2008 Gospel passage. What struck me most is the meditation transcripted by I dont know who said: " Only God can satisfy the hunger in our heart and soul and the hunger for truth, for life and for love."

Then in answering the question above...actually I am content, but I am sometimes dissatisfied too. To the point that I could not find a time to read the Gospel, ponder on His words and listen to His little voice inside me. Whenever, I falter or fall short of this, after several days, a certain turn of events would pinch me and made me realize that - maybe the Lord is telling me something - why such circumstances happened or why there's an outburst of feeling that is too unchristian and very much unlikely.

Actually the bible which is the bread of life sustains me, and whenever I have the grace of the Holy Spirit- I could clearly see things in a right perspective and decide in accordance to His will.

But I do fall short but I dont rely to much on the confidence that God will always be there for me, but I do believe, the Lord wanted me so much to submit to Him and rely on Him and for me to accept that I can do nothing without Him around.

So to answer the question, I only hunger for God-He alone sustains me, when I have Him everything follows.

Lord God, salamat sa araw- araw na binibigay Ninyo, sa Tinapay ng Buhay na nagpapawi ng aking gutom. Sa Inyo lamang ang pusot kaluluwa ko'y busog na at wala ng mahalaga pa. Salamat sa araw-araw na paalala. Amen

No comments: